Friday, December 18, 2009

X-Mas

AAAAWWWWW!!! Did you just scream reading that? I did. This will be a little of a rant but it bothers me and I need to express that.


I understand everyone is not a Christian and I respect other people's religious views. However Christmas is a Christian holiday and it completely offends me when people write "X-mas". As I said I do not concern myself with others beliefs but if you do not believe in Christ call your holiday something else that is not so disrespectful to our holiday. Call it just a holiday or winter solstice if you like but if you choose to celebrate Christmas, even just because it is a tradition, have enough courtesy to call it what it is - Christmas.

I would like to say, I do not mind businesses calling it "The Holidays", I feel it is being respectful of the other religions with their holidays during this time. It is the people with trees, wanting gifts and calling it X-mas that bugs me.

Sorry for my little outburst, it just drives me bonkers!

No comments:

Post a Comment