Friday, September 11, 2009

Just Say No To 3 Year Olds with Mixers....

Seriously this will be the outcome:

I was trying to get some work done at home today. I could tell LD wanted some attention so I did what any good mom would do and ignored her. Yeah I know, mom of the year. Earlier this week I bought her a kitchen appliance set that "works". She was playing with the mixer, came over and put it on my back while it ran. I'm not going to lie it felt super good, until she decided to brush my hair. The above picture is the result of her brushing my hair with the mixer.

Luckily my good friend Julie could come over and help me get the mixer out of my hair. The mixer was stuck towards the back of my head, not easy for me to maneuver on my own. When Julie got there she proceeded to get my hair out and it hurt! I thought of the alternate solution - cutting the beaters out and was instantly okay with the pain. It didn't take her long to hit the button that looked like a beater eject button (THAT I TRIED) and the beaters ejected and the hair came right out - no ripping.

I was instantly regretful it was not Wednesday - what wisdom I have gained today. 3 year old 1 - mom 0. Thank god hubby will be home tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Oh NO!! I am so sorry. Glad it all worked out and you didn't have to chop your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...that is a pretty awesome picture to go with that story. I bet it was painful to get that out. I have to admit though...I laughed a lot when I read this! Glad to hear you didn't have to cut them out though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YIKES!
    That must have hurt!
    Three year old 1- mom 0. You are so right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no!!!! Good to know though. We don't have any little mixers yet, but I will keep this incident in mind. Glad you were able to get your hair out without cutting it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodnesss! I couldn't find your blog for the life of me, I finally remembered a post you commented on! Man, I've GOT to add it to my blogroll. Anyway, I'm caught up now and wow. Parenting, this looks painful and hopefully she won't do this again!!!

    ReplyDelete