Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Getting Organized - BHG

I receive emails from Better Homes and Gardens but they usually get deleted in my desperate attempt to clear out my inbox.  I picked up the January issue, the annual get organized issue.  I am a complete sucker for anything with organize in the title.  I contemplated getting the issue because every year I buy organizing magazines and am left thinking, well no duh!

This years issue was a little different.  It had a family example of clean and organized.  Of course my house will never be as white or as prestine but there were some good realistic ideas.  My favorite was a shelf with color organized books.  The home owner stated that when she goes to look for a book she remembers what color it is, so she organizes her books by color.  I looked for a picture and sadly I could not find it.  I assure you the aray of colors in the white book shelf was beautiful!

The only "duh" of the issue had to do with one of the twenty-five list.  The item stated to bring your reusable shopping bags straight out to the car as soon as you unloaded the groceries.  Well duh!  But generally it is all I can do to fend off the family while getting all of the groceries unloaded and put away.  I get the problem but I usually do not get the opportunity to get the bags right back to the car.

All in all it was a great issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment